Applicants are required to submit the following items at the time of
application to the Kenya Embassy Washington DC:
- A formal letter of application giving reasons for change of the J1 visa.
- A copy of the letter from the US Department of State citing your case number.
- A copy of Form AP-66/DS1290.
- A letter of NO OBJECTION from the sponsor who facilitated the J1 visa.
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Loans Education Board (HELB).
- Clearance letter from your previous employer in Kenya.
- Copy of the J-1 Visa.
- A copy of your KCSE certificate or its equivalent.
- A copy of your passport page bearing your bio-data.