As a Kenyan living abroad, it can be difficult to maintain connections with your home country. However, with the advancement of technology, staying connected with Kenya has become easier than ever. Here are six resources for Kenyans abroad to stay connected with Kenya:
- Social media: Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter provide a quick and easy way to keep up with the latest news and events in Kenya. Follow Kenyan influencers, news outlets, and government pages to stay informed about what’s happening back home.
- Kenyan blogs and websites: There are many Kenyan blogs and websites that cover a range of topics, from politics and business to lifestyle and entertainment. Some popular blogs and websites include Mkenya Ujerumani, Kenyan Pundit, and Kenyan Wallstreet.
- Kenyan TV and radio stations: For those who miss their favorite TV shows and radio programs from back home, there are a number of Kenyan TV and radio stations that are accessible online. Popular TV stations include NTV Kenya, Citizen TV, and KTN News, while popular radio stations include Capital FM and Classic 105.
- Online communities: There are many online communities for Kenyans living abroad, such as the Kenyan Diaspora Community and the Kenya Diaspora Network. These communities provide a space for Kenyans abroad to connect, share experiences, and support one another.
- Kenyan events and festivals: Many Kenyan communities abroad host events and festivals to celebrate their culture and traditions. From the Kenyan Independence Day celebrations to the annual Jamhuri Day, these events provide a way to connect with other Kenyans and stay connected with your roots.
- Newsletters and email subscriptions: There are many newsletters and email subscriptions that provide regular updates on Kenyan news, events, and cultural happenings. Some popular newsletters include Kenya Weekly and Kenya Digest.
In conclusion, there are many resources available for Kenyans abroad to stay connected with Kenya. Whether it’s through social media, websites, TV and radio stations, online communities, events and festivals, or newsletters, it’s never been easier to stay connected with your home country. So take advantage of these resources, and stay connected with Kenya no matter where you are in the world.